Sunday, October 24, 2010

5 more sleeps, NZ here I come!

Now, as hard a job it is and even though its not a high paying job, being a travel agent sometimes has its perks.  I am going to the South Island of New Zealand for work for a glorious whole week!  When a travel agent says she's going on a trip for work, usually that's what they mean.

You hardly get any free time, you have to inspect up to 5 hotels a day, which doesn't sound a lot, but hotels insist on you seeing every room type (even the ones you never sell) and after the first few they all start to mesh together and you forget what whats!

Not the case on a scenic tours educational.  A 5 star touring company, you get to experience what a client would on the same trip and we only have 2 hotel inspections, of which we are staying at anyway, on the whole trip!  They weather will be quite cool, which I don't mind, fingers crossed it will snow in Queenstown!  The only time I saw snow was in Canada when I was aboard the train that does the Rockie's and what a experience that was!

My personal trip in Feb is also booked to stay a week in Kota Kinabalu.  Since Malaysian bought super cheap flights and they now fly direct from Perth (which now only takes 5 1/2 hours) I thought instead of Bali, again, I'd go back to KK.  Its been 5 years so I'm sure it would've changed by now.  Also bought my overnight side trip to Sandakan for a mere $30AUD, thank you Air Asia!  Will be staying near the orangutan Sepilok centre so I check out the gorgeous creatures in there natural habitat.  Have to say at the moment, not got much to complain about, life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment