Sunday, November 14, 2010

I'm back........

Well I've been back for a week, but it seems to have taken that long to get my act back together.  We were lucky enough to get near perfect weather in New Zealand and miss another earthquake in Christchurch by a couple of days! 

What a beautiful, scenic country the South Island is, I am officially in love with Queenstown and after initially wanted to hit Queenstown to ski I'm debating whether spring/summer is the time to go.  It has such a great relaxed vibe.  We were lucky enough to have some spare time there and I spent afternoon eating lunch at a Irish pub right near to a awesome busker, followed by a massive ice cream served by a hottie from Argentina (Queenstown is full of young people from all over the world) and then ended feeding ducks and just watching them by the lake.  I haven't felt that relaxed in a long time, who knew such simple things can bring so much serenity and joy. 

Queenstown was definitely the best, Christchurch was pretty, but doesn't have alot happening there and all the little stops on the way were nice, but Queenstown is so much more appealing.  After a week of indulging in very rich food and four course dinners most nights I am getting back on the health and well being wagon and starting to eat better, walk my dogs and as of Tuesday night start playing basketball again.  I won't lie I'm a little scared, but looking forward to it.  Here's hoping I don't do myself a serious injury this bod aint what it used to be.........wish me luck!









On a completely seperate note, yay to Burma finally  releasing pro-democracy leader Aung Sung Su Chi without any conditions!  Here's hoping this is a step forward for Burma.

No comments:

Post a Comment