Friday, October 15, 2010

Karaoke, music and Dan Sultan!

OMG what a bday weekend!  Since it was Wednesday I was spolit with homemade lasagne and pavlova, Friday Karaoke with my beautiful family and One Movement all weekend long.  Can I just say Subaru Karaoke was beyond expectation Wendy looked after us so well and treated me to a delish lychee martini hmm. I finally got the nerve to talk to Dan Sultan and his band and they were soo friendly no idea what I was worried about.

If you're not from Perth One Movement is a huge showcase of mostly up and coming music.  The streets and laneways of Perth were littered with musicians on top of the actual festival on the Esplanade from all over the world.  Have to say couldnt really ask for a better bday.

A few bands and musicians worth mentioning and probably alot more then unfortunately I didnt get to see - Hungry kids of Hungary (Brisbane, AUS), Miyavi (Japan), The Holidays (Sydney, AUS), Grenediers,  Cloud Control (NSW, AUS), Kora (NZ) and Biuret (South Korea).


On a side note to past weeks, I have a few pics from my galivanting - Electric Vines and Valley wines, Parklife and The amazing Regurgitator!!!!

Groove Armada and the awesomeness that is her detachable "hair" shoulder detail

Regurgitator
Dress - Body and Soul Bali


Subaru Karaoke

Lychee martini hmmm Happy Bday to me!

One movement

Raghu Dixit - these guys will make you shake your groove thang!

The very talented Dan Sultan and he's equally talented band!

If anyone in Perth is free come down to Freo for the Vintage Vixens and Vamps Fair II. Sunday 17 October, should be a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment