Saturday, October 16, 2010

Thrift shop finds and spring cleaning

Soooo yesterday I had the day off and decided to stop procrastinating and try to at least start to de clutter my house.  So I lugged 2 garbage bags full of clothes (I still have 4 to get rid of, but trying to earn some extra dosh for those) off to the local thrift shop and thought while I was there I'd have a gander. 

I'm helping out my cousin at a stall at the vintagevixensandvamps.blogspot.com  Fair in Freo this Sunday and found a few things to add to the collection and completely by accident another dress to my wardrobe.  It fits like a glove so I think it was fate, well that's my story and I'm sticking to it!  I don't have a red dress and was thinking of getting one, when I came across this baby.

The label reads lovers Australia, not really clued in on labels, I just like what I like.  It looks 80's maybe early 90's and apart from the fixable hem its in mint condition.  Thrift shopping isn't what it used to be and I refuse to pay the inflated prices "vintage" items can cost just because its in fashion, but you can still find some gems in the charity stores and it goes to a good cause.  By the way I'm not implying I did the whole thing before it was cool, my auntie got me into it when I was younger and when I studied art I had a little extra time and less money to op shop lol

Not quite as much as I wanted to do around the house but spring also equals to hay fever, baby steps......







No comments:

Post a Comment