Thursday, September 30, 2010

MUSIC, MUSIC AND MORE MUSIC

My weekend, without meaning to, turned into a weekend of music.  Not that I'm complaining mind you.  As I have already previously blogged it kicked off Friday night at Amplifier Bar watching Abbe May and Bog Logg III.  Since I didn't get home til one and had to work Saturday, Saturday night was a bust, passing out involuntarily at 9.30pm (I know such a grandma thing to do).  In my defence Im still recovering from getting my wisdom teeth out.

Sunday was Parklife time, I'm glad I managed to snag free tickets ($20 donation), because I was really disappointed.  It didn't start well with the venue only having one way to get in, I don't know if its just me getting old or the type of festival it is (my first parklife), but it seemed full of half naked, fake tanned posers, who have no idea of festival etiquette.  I enjoyed DJ Mike, 2manydjs and Groove Armada, especially groove Armada.  Her outfit was amazing, she wore a black lyra catsuit with big removable shoulder pads that had hair (not sure if it real) flowing down and off the sleeves.  Her dancing moves were sometimes questionable, but with a voice like that it would be unfair for her to be able to dance as well!  Missy Elliot was a massive disappointment, singing only 5 songs in her set and wasting the rest of the time with dj's and some other random singer. 

Monday made up for Sunday, back to Amplifier Bar I went and relived my youth at the Regurgitator gig and what a show it was!  Back when I studied art and interior design in TAFE, i discovered a station called Triple J, yes I was a little behind, but I grew up listening to rnb and hip hop and fell in love with the Gurg.  Bought Unit and absolutely thrashed it to death.  Unfortunately I never got to see them live, something always came up or I never had anyone to go with.  So when I found out they were coming and tickets were a measly $25, even if it was a Monday night I couldn't let this opportunity pass.  What an energetic, amazing show it was and much to my pleasure they sung all there hits on Unit, I was one happy chappy, head banging may of been involved.........pheww just reading that back is exhausting!

Not that this weekend I will be taking it easy, I intend to partake in Electric vines and Valley wines Saturday and if it was as good as it was last year I'll be hitting the hay at 6pm that night ha ha  For those who don't know its a whole day event of basically eating and drinking, who knows I may add a few photos from the day...........

No comments:

Post a Comment