Saturday, September 25, 2010

BOB LOG III - The most incredible one man band ever!

I wasn't going to post a blog today, but I couldn't contain the excitement of what I experienced last night any longer!  I want to share with anyone that will listen, that if you ever get a chance see Bob Log III, he is one of the most amazing musicians I have seen in my life and I can tell you Ive been to plenty of different live acts and have a broad taste in music. 

I actually went to see the back up act - Abbe May, a local gal also worth checking out if you're into bluesy rock and had no idea who the headline was.  As soon as he swaggered out playing guitar from the back of the room, dressed in a blue velvet jumpsuit, glittering helmet and black telephone attached to the front of the helmet (which doubles as his microphone so both his hands are free), walking through the crowd before he clamoured on stage I knew it was going to be interesting, but wasn't prepared for just how blown away I'd be and the amount of laughing that was to come (probably not a good idea since my jaw is still sore, but worth every moment).

With songs titled such as "clap your tits", "boob scotch" and "I want your shit on my leg", he is definitely not for the prude and describing his music is no easy task, I liken his music to R.L Burnside if he was on speed.  He's one of those shows that has to be seen to believed and understood.  After blowing the audience away with a few opening songs, he stood up and shouted, "enough of sound check lets start this show"!

Not only a musical genius, he is every bit the entertaining, hilarious showman.  Drinking his "liquid gold", purchased from the audience he had them all eating out of his hand.  Proclaiming how hard it was to drink under his helmet (which never comes off when he performs) and how it would be easier with a straw, no one could help him quick enough, one member even obliged to his request of throwing nothing but bras onstage.  He invited to girls to "straddle on each leg like you would on a horse" and presumed to play whilst they bopped up and down happily on his lap. 

Every song ending with him standing up yelling "yeehaw"! He ended the show as he arrived through the crowd and exiting backstage.  I left elated with a huge big goofy grin on my face! Probably not everyones cup of tea, but do yourself a favour and check him out, his official website is http://www.boblog111.com/  Don't you just love random awesomeness, the best nights seem to come when you least expect them!

No comments:

Post a Comment